Following our second Public Information Session on October 19th, the City of New Westminster is pleased to announce the launch of a 30-day pre-sale period, where local residents, businesses and nonprofit organizations can purchase subscriptions to the Urban Solar Garden – the first community-owned solar array in Metro Vancouver.
For those who were unable to attend the October 19th Public Information Session, a copy of the presentation can be accessed here.
How to subscribe and reserve your panels:
The solar panel pre-sales period is from October 19th to November 17th. Local residents, businesses and nonprofit organizations with a New West Electric Utility account are eligible:
- October 19th to October 26th – Subscribers can purchase up to three (3) panels (approximately 1080 kWh/year).
- October 26th to November 17th – Subscribers can purchase up to ten (10) panels (approximately 3600 kWh/year).
Overview of the Urban Solar Garden:
Benefits of participating:
- Accessible Solar Energy: You do not need to install your own solar PV system to use solar energy.
- No maintenance fees: Operation and maintenance of the solar array will be handled by the City, and participants will not need to pay for maintenance or repairs.
- Transferable: Your subscription can be transferred if you move within the New Westminster Electrical Utility service area.
Find out more about the Urban Solar Garden and how to participate.
- Flat Sheet – An information sheet on the Urban Solar Garden and the benefits to the local community.
- Frequently Asked Questions – A two-page document that address main questions on the Urban Solar Garden including eligibility, technical aspects, solar production estimates and contract information.
- Subscription Agreement – The purchase agreement between the City and interested participants including subscriber contact information, New Westminster Electric Utility account details, authorization and terms and conditions.
If you have any questions on the Urban Solar Garden, please do not hesitate to reach out and provide us your thoughts via email.