The City of New Westminster through its community energy program Energy Save New West is hosting a free “Builder & Designer Breakfast” Event on Thursday, April 20th from 7:30AM to 9:30AM.
The purpose of the workshop is to interactively engage and inform the builder and designer community on current and upcoming program/policy initiatives to support energy-efficient new construction for Part 9 buildings in the City of New Westminster, including:
- Latest updates on the pending Energy Step Code and City efforts to develop a new Passive Design Exclusions policy.
- Knowledge sharing from a local builder achieving the highest levels of airtightness (thus far) for a Part 9 building in New Westminster.
- The importance of right-sizing mechanical HVAC systems with room-by-room load calculations.
- New cost subsidized training programs for local builders and designer / architects in Passive House construction.
- Networking opportunity with City staff including building officials and planners.
The workshop will be a fully catered breakfast. Space for the workshop is limited, so you need to reserve your seat through RSVP quickly. To book your spot, contact Ryan Coleman at email@example.com or 604.515.3818