ESNW is thrilled to share this exciting opportunity with FortisBC’s Deep Energy Retrofit Pilot Program!
The objective of this program is to uncover “how low can you go” towards net zero emissions with natural gas as a primary space and domestic hot water heating source. If selected as a participant, you will receive rebates up to $100,000 from FortisBC to upgrade your building envelope and mechanical systems along with technical support from a team of experts to work through a comprehensive deep energy retrofit of your home.
What is a Deep Energy Retrofit (DER)?
A deep energy retrofit of a home or building is a retrofit in which the envelope and mechanical energy systems are improved so the home/building’s overall energy consumption and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions can be reduced by 50% or more. At completion of this DER project, it is likely that you’ll have new windows, upgraded insulation, new space heating and hot water system, and upgraded ventilation.
See Deep Energy Retrofit Part 9 Residential Education Material for more information.
What is involved in this Pilot Program and what do you get throughout the process?
Selected applicants will get the opportunity to have a deep energy retrofit professionally completed on their home. If selected, you’ll receive support and technical services including the following:
- A detailed analysis of your home and possible energy conservation measures
- Support to select the most efficient technologies that will work for your home
- Engineering support to complete a feasibility study for any major building system redesigns
- Full financial support up to $100,000 to implement recommended measures*
- Full support to find and hire the right contractors for the job
See Deep Energy Retrofit Pilot Program Information Sheet as well as terms and conditions in the Online Application for more information.
* Financial support will be provided in the form of reimbursement to cover up to 100% of the cost of recommended upgrades.
What does the recruitment process look like?
- Submit an Online Application. Applications are being accepted until February 28th, 2022.
- 60 applicants will be selected and receive a virtual audit to help better understand their homes.
- 40 of these applicants will move onto on-site energy assessments / energy modeling.
- A final 20 applicants will be notified in May 2022 to be a part of this Pilot Program.
Who is eligible to apply?
Single-family dwelling residential FortisBC customers who live in BC. The potential participants need to meet the initial eligibility criteria described in the application form.
There will be an online webinar on Thursday, February 17th to go over this information about the Pilot Program and answer some questions from attendees. This is a FREE webinar, but you must register to attend.
This webinar will feature:
- Overview of the Pilot and benefits for participants
- What is a Deep Energy Retrofit (DER)?
- Typical home energy upgrades
- Application process, participant eligibility, and Pilot steps/timeline
- Questions and answers
This is an excellent opportunity on an unprecedented scale in Canada for gas-heated homeowners to improve their home’s energy efficiency and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Contact FortisBC’s program partner Ecolighten Energy Solutions at email@example.com or 778-838-3674 for more information now and DON’T MISS OUT on this great opportunity!