CleanBC Better Homes has recently introduced a new income qualified program to help qualifying residents make energy-efficient upgrades in their homes and lower their expenditure on energy. This newly launched CleanBC Better Homes Income Qualified Program provides enhanced rebates to cover 60% -95% of the cost of eligible upgrades.
The rebate amounts are based on the combined income and the number of people living in the home. There are 2 tiers of income requirements, Level 1 and Level 2:
- Level 1 – If your combined income meets eligibility, you may qualify for up to 95% of upgrade costs.
- Level 2 – If your combined income meets eligibility, you may qualify for 60% of upgrade costs.
Eligible measures are:
- Insulation – Up to $5,500
- Windows and Doors – Up to $9,500 (Max. $950 per window)
- Heat Pumps – Up to $9,500 if convert from fossil fuel and up to $5,000 if covert from electric or wood heating systems
- Heat Pump Water Heaters – Up to $3,500 or up to $13,000 for Combined Space and Water Heat Pump
- Electrical Service Upgrade – Up to $3,500
- Ventilation – Up to $1,600
- Health and Safety – Up to $800