NEW HOMESA home is largest purchase most of us will make and we’re here to help you maximize the energy performance, enhance the comfort and improve the quality of your new construction project.
Whether you’re a local builder, architect/designer or homeowner who’s looking to build a new home, Energy Save New West can help you get started with 5 easy steps.
Step 1 - Registration
- Sign up early (ideally at the design stage of your project) to maximize impact and the benefit of working with Energy Save New West.
- Gain access to exclusive program resources including FREE personalized energy coaching services for technical guidance and support with prioritizing upgrade options.
Step 2 – Energy Evaluation (Pre-Construction)
Limited number of FREE EnerGuide Rating System plan evaluations available. (Over $500 value)
- Get an energy model completed by an Energy Advisor where they’ll evaluate your architectural plans and provide performance recommendations through the EnerGuide Rating System.
- Determine potential home certification opportunities for projects achieving better energy performance including Built Green, ENERGY STAR for New Homes, Passive House and more.
- Share your home’s EnerGuide label with Metro Vancouver’s rateouthome.ca and join a growing community of builders and homeowners sharing the energy performance of their home and seeing how it compares to other similar homes in the region.
Step 3 – Home Improvements*
- Build a better home with increased insulation levels, tighter construction and more efficient mechanical systems.
Thinking about building a high performance new home? Discover green building upgrades below and learn how you can improve the energy performance and maximize the comfort on your new home construction project.
Step 4 – Mid-Stage Blower Door Testing & Energy Evaluation (Post Construction)
Limited number of blower door testing at mid-stage construction (over $300 value)
- Before dry-wall and cover up, complete a mid-stage construction blower door test to identify potential weaknesses in the air barrier and reduce infiltration.
- Energy Advisor completes a post-construction evaluation to verify home performance, update your home’s energy efficiency (EnerGuide) rating and gather any final required information for applicable utility rebates and home certification application(s).
Step 5 – Rebates & Incentives*
On average, homes built to the new ENERGY STAR® for New Home standard are 20% more efficient than homes built to code.
ACCESS UP TO
IN UTILITY REBATES
When building to the ENERGY STAR® for New Home standard.
Further details on New Home Program offers are available through BC Hydro and FortisBC websites.
We’re working together to help BC save energy.
*Financial incentives for ENERGY STAR® qualified homes provided by FortisBC for natural gas heated homes only including City of New Westminster single-detached, duplex or townhomes. Program partners reserve the right to revise terms and conditions without advance notice, including revisions to rebate amounts and eligibility requirements. Contact Energy Save New West for full program details.