NEW HOMESA home is the largest purchase most of us will make and we’re here to help you maximize the energy performance, enhance the comfort and improve the quality of your new construction project.
Step 1 - Registration
- Sign up early (ideally at the design stage of your project) to maximize impact and the benefit of working with Energy Save New West.
- Gain access to exclusive program resources including FREE personalized energy coaching services for technical guidance and support with prioritizing upgrade options.
Step 2 – Energy Evaluation (Pre-Construction)
Limited number of FREE EnerGuide Rating System plan evaluations available (over $800 value).
- Get an energy model completed by an Energy Advisor where they’ll evaluate your architectural plans and provide performance recommendations through the EnerGuide Rating System.
- Confirm Energy Step Code performance level (pre-construction) and determine potential home certification opportunities for projects achieving better energy performance including Built Green, ENERGY STAR for New Homes, Passive House and more.
- Share your home’s EnerGuide label with Metro Vancouver’s rateourhome.ca and join a growing community of builders and homeowners sharing the energy performance of their home and seeing how it compares to other similar homes in the region.
Step 3 – Home Improvements*
- Build a better home with increased insulation levels, tighter construction and more efficient mechanical systems.
Thinking about building a high performance new home? Discover green building upgrades below and learn how you can improve the energy performance and maximize the comfort on your new home construction project.
New Home Case StudiesVisit our High Performance New Homes case study page to see our latest new home projects completed in New Westminster.
Step 4 – Mid-Stage Blower Door Testing & Energy Evaluation (Post Construction)
Limited number of blower door testing at mid-stage construction (over $300 value)
- Before dry-wall and cover up, complete a mid-stage construction blower door test to identify potential weaknesses in the air barrier and reduce infiltration.
- Energy Advisor completes a post-construction evaluation to confirm Energy Step Code performance level (As-Built), update your home’s energy efficiency (EnerGuide) rating and gather any final required information for applicable utility rebates and home certification application(s).
Step 5 – Rebates & Incentives*
Build a home more energy efficient than the minimum BC Building Code requirements and you can qualify for a home performance rebate ranging from $1,000 to $8,000 from FortisBC.
ACCESS UP TO
IN FortisBC REBATES
When building to various Energy Step Code performance levels.
Further details on FortisBC’s new home construction rebates are available through FortisBC’s website.
We’re working together to help BC save energy.
*Financial incentives provided by FortisBC for natural gas heated homes only including City of New Westminster single-detached, duplex or townhomes. Program partners reserve the right to revise terms and conditions without advance notice, including revisions to rebate amounts and eligibility requirements. Contact Energy Save New West for full program details.