EXISTING HOMESWe’re here to help you in achieving your home improvement goals, whether they include improving home comfort, reducing energy costs or increasing the resale value of your home.
If you own an existing home that you’re looking to renovate, Energy Save New West can help you get started with 5 easy steps.
Step 1 - Registration
- Sign up to take the first step and gain access to exclusive program resources including FREE personalized energy coaching services for technical support to help with planning and implementing your energy upgrade project.
Step 2 – Energy Evaluation (Pre-Upgrade)
Limited number of energy evaluations (pre-upgrade) available for only $75 (you SAVE over $300).
- Schedule a pre-upgrade energy evaluation at your convenience with an Energy Advisor.
- Working with an Energy Advisor, you’ll gain a better understanding of your home’s energy use with a custom report and EnerGuide rating that helps you make home improvement decisions that fit your needs.
- Share your home’s EnerGuide label with Metro Vancouver’s rateourhome.ca and join a growing community of homeowners sharing the energy performance of their home and seeing how it compares to other similar homes in the region.
Step 3 – Home Improvements*
- From air sealing and attic insulation, to replacing windows and upgrading your heating system, there are a number of opportunities to improve home comfort and reduce energy costs.
- Hiring the right Contractor will help you turn your energy assessment into energy upgrades and savings.
Are your energy bills going through the roof? Discover energy upgrades options below and learn more about how you can help reduce energy costs, increase comfort and minimize the carbon footprint of your home.
*Energy Save New West does not endorse the services of any contractor or any specific products and accepts no liability in the selection of materials, products, and contractors or performance or workmanship.
Step 4 – Energy Evaluation (Post-Upgrade)
For a limited time, a $150 rebate is available when completing a pre and post energy evaluation with an Energy Advisor.
- Energy Advisor completes a post-upgrade evaluation to verify improvement, update your home’s energy efficiency (EnerGuide) rating and submit rebate application(s) on your behalf.
Step 5 – Rebates & Incentives*
- Access the latest incentives that will help you offset the costs of energy measures that will save energy and make your home more comfortable. Bigger rebates now available:
ENERCHOICE NATURAL GAS FIREPLACE
Install 3 or more qualify measures including insulation, windows and doors, space heating, heat recovery ventilation and more.
Further details on Home Renovation Rebate Program offers are available through BC Hydro and FortisBC websites.
We’re working together to help BC save energy.
*Home Renovation Rebate Offer and Municipal Partner Offer available for BC Hydro and FortisBC customers including City of New Westminster residents living in single-detached, duplex or townhomes only. Program partners reserve the right to revise terms and conditions without advance notice, including revisions to rebate amounts and eligibility requirements. Contact Energy Save New West for full program details.