EXISTING HOMESWe’re here to help you in achieving your home improvement goals, whether they include improving home comfort, reducing energy costs or increasing the resale value of your home.
If you own an existing home that you’re looking to renovate, Energy Save New West can help you get started with 5 easy steps.
Step 1 - Registration
- Sign up to take the first step and gain access to exclusive program resources including FREE personalized energy coaching services for technical support to help with planning and implementing your energy upgrade project.
Step 2 – Energy Evaluation (Pre-Upgrade)
Limited number of energy evaluations (pre-upgrade) available for only $75 (you SAVE $420).
- Schedule a pre-upgrade energy evaluation at your convenience with an Energy Advisor.
- Working with an Energy Advisor, you’ll gain a better understanding of your home’s energy use with a custom report and EnerGuide rating that helps you make home improvement decisions that fit your needs.
- Share your home’s EnerGuide label with Metro Vancouver’s rateourhome.ca and join a growing community of homeowners sharing the energy performance of their home and seeing how it compares to other similar homes in the region.
Step 3 – Home Improvements*
- From air sealing and attic insulation, to replacing windows and upgrading your heating system, there are a number of opportunities to improve home comfort and reduce energy costs.
- Hiring the right Contractor will help you turn your energy assessment into energy upgrades and savings.
- Please note that the use of a Program Registered Contractor (PRC) will be required to receive a rebate on an insulation upgrade completed and invoiced on or after April 1, 2021.
Are your energy bills going through the roof? Discover energy upgrades options below and learn more about how you can help reduce energy costs, increase comfort and minimize the carbon footprint of your home.
*Energy Save New West does not endorse the services of any contractor or any specific products and accepts no liability in the selection of materials, products, and contractors or performance or workmanship.
Step 4 – Energy Evaluation (Post-Upgrade)
For a limited time, up to a $600 rebate is available for energy evaluations through the Canada Greener Homes Grant program when completing pre and post retrofit EnerGuide evaluations with an Energy Advisor and at least one eligible energy retrofit.
- Energy Advisor completes a post-upgrade evaluation to verify improvement, update your home’s energy efficiency (EnerGuide) rating and submit rebate application(s) on your behalf.
Step 5 – Rebates & Incentives*
- Access the latest incentives that help you offset the costs of energy measures that save energy and make your home more comfortable. Bigger and stacked rebates now available:
ENERCHOICE NATURAL GAS FIREPLACE
SOLAR PV PANEL
/ KW PER PANEL
ELECTRIC HEAT PUMP WATER HEATER
rebate for completing a pre and post energy evaluation
for installing two (2) qualifying upgrades
for installing three (3) or more qualifying upgrades
We’re working together to help BC save energy.
*Home Renovation Rebate Offer and CleanBC Better Homes program available for BC Hydro and FortisBC customers including City of New Westminster residents living in single-detached, duplex or townhomes only. Incentive details at www.betterhomesbc.ca. Program partners reserve the right to revise terms and conditions without advance notice, including revisions to rebate amounts and eligibility requirements. Contact Energy Save New West for full program details.